Thursday, April 15, 2010

Millen going after the record at PPIHC

Ok, Rhys Millen has been going to the PPIHC for a while now, I think back in the late 90's he ran a R33 skyline there. His dad has won there and taken the record, and now Rhyc is aiming to take the record off the current holder, Monster Tajima.

Just a side note, I dont understand why they say 'World Record Holder'. If you have the record at a hillclimb, or track etc it is a 'record', a hillclimb record, a track record etc., heck, even I have hillclimb records from hillclimbs in the US, including Mt Washington in New Hampshire. But I would never call it a World Record! A leap from an airplane at 60,000 feet would be a world record. A run up a hill is a 'Record'.
Anyways, I digress, here is the release from all round good guy Rhys and his dad and a teaser video. Wishing them good luck and look for forward to seeing Rod Millen again, I used to compete against him rallying.

http://www.autoblog.com/2010/04/15/video-rhys-vows-to-bring-pikes-peak-record-back-to-millen-famil/#continued

Of course, if I ever took the record at Pikes Peak, I would put 'World Record Holder' on my press release too. Oh, the complicated web we weave...

No comments:

Post a Comment