Tuesday, September 14, 2010

A quiet word of a friends passing




My good friend of 20 years Ray Lintott has passed away. He was having a battle with cancer of late, and sadly lost to it.

It's sad in time like these you wonder if you spent enough time with someone. Ray and I had some fun times together, at Daytona, and the Nurburgring, and on some of his trips to the US to see me. He and wife Penny talked me into going to see Riverdance with them in NY at Radio City, at first reluctant, but in the end I was glad I did.

Ray had three children, Martin, Paige and Amanda.

A lot of people would remember Ray from his Lincorp dealerships, but Im sure he'd rather be remembered as a racer and driver.

Finishing events like LeMans, Bathurst, Daytona 24, The Nurburgring 24, Rally of Canberra, Targa Tasmania (runner up twice), European rallies, Australian championship in his Viper.

This is how I'll remember him. And often smiling and good for a chat anytime.

Vale Ray Lintott.

No comments:

Post a Comment